Who We Are
We are a boutique, digital experience consulting firm located in the heart of Washington, DC. At Ignyte, our tagline is “Large-Firm Experience, Small-Firm Innovation.” These words aren’t merely a catchphrase – they are the cornerstone of what we are building. We’re on a mission to shake up what you think is possible from a consulting company by blending deep technical and industry expertise with a progressive start-up culture.
To deliver this we look for strategists, technologists, engineers, and most importantly – people like you.
What you'll Do
Our Junior UI/UX Developers are creative thinkers that love to be on the cutting edge, solving problems using the latest technology and design thinking. They believe that digital technology has the power to make the world more connected and informed, and solve our client's biggest problems. They desire a challenging role with the potential to be placed on internal or client-facing projects, filling a technology design and development role.
As a Junior UI/UX Developer we give you the opportunity to create your own career path based on your interests, the skills you have, and the skills you want. Your everyday tasks in supporting our technology solution offering development efforts could range anywhere from working with clients to develop requirements and initial wireframes, creating HTML website design, or even developing Microstrategy dashboards. You’ll work with upper management from day one to help figure out your path and your day-to-day responsibilities. Not sure where’d you fit in? We’ll work with you to figure it out.
What We're Looking For
- Solid UX skills - including well-rounded knowledge of design principles and techniques - with the ability to iterate through conceptual ideas and effectively communicate conceptualizations using sketches, storyboards, wireframes, user flows, interactive prototypes, and data visualizations
- Expertise that spans across UX, web engineering, and design or the ability to "speak the language." That is, you should feel comfortable talking to other UX and visual designers as well as stakeholders and engineers
- Knowledge of query languages, APIs, data pipelines and how they impact design decisions
- Experience planning and facilitating user research and usability tests
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite preferred, but not required
- Ability to maintain and continually refine a backlog of feature requests and defects
- Hard working, self-motivated individuals who are okay with a healthy dose of ambiguity and complexity
- Must have experience communicating with all levels of management
- Ability to meet deadlines
What You'll Gain
- Gain development experience and skills in a wide array of areas
- Understanding of the full software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Ability to develop aesthetically pleasing, intellectually satisfying designs
- Ability to work closely with internal, cross-functional teams, and external clients on projects of varying length and complexity
- Exposure to complex technical business issues and challenges
- Opportunity to leverage your technical knowledge and analytical skills to solve client problems